A strategic driven marketing and communications leader who drives results through a passion for innovation, connecting buyers to products and accelerates outcomes. Darren is an effective collaborator that employs a modern marketing approach by adapting a strong understanding of the customer journey, optimizing results in complex environments and leading cross-functional teams in high performance organizations. His expertise embraces:
Integrated Marketing Communications
Account Based Marketing
Functional Shared Services
Sales Channel Support
C-Suite Thought Leadership
He follows leadership guiding principles of lead – act – measure
- Embrace a customer centric culture to engage, excite, and enrich the customer’s journey
- Take responsibility for fulfilling the mission to lead, influence and advise
- Employ the art of listening and the science of data to support cross-functionality decisions
Marketing operations excellence is a center of expertise that leads teams to drive efficiency and effectiveness across the marketing and communications organization. This leadership function provides strategic leadership across marketing channels to develop message architecture, collaborate with global teams to build brand and business impact campaigns, and influence cross-business communications alignment. Some of his success includes:
- Design and lead Siemen’s first operations excellence model which is tasked with establishing efficiency measures to ensure the marketing and communications functions are optimized across the enterprise.
- Team leader of brand, advertising, digital and internal/external communications work streams, in the launch and management of global brand and business impact campaigns through the campaign lifecycle.
- Lead expert in the development, management, and execution of integrated marketing communications planning across paid/owned/earned/shared and demand generation channels.
- Drive collaboration across eight business divisions and five centers of expertise functions to construct, execute, and measure communications campaigns including brand assets, product launches, digital communications, demand generation, thought leadership events, and strategic partnerships.
- Source creative and content assets needed to support the design and production pipeline for technology showcases, brand activations, trade shows, and events that ignites engagement and elevates the brand.
- Architect of The Walt Disney Company 360 Partnership. The strategic marketing partnership included; brand activation, technology showcases, consumer marketing campaigns, customer reference stories and white papers, and a state-of-the-art customer briefing center all of which generated 4.1b impressions for the Siemens brand and a pipeline of sales leads.
- Partner with Supply Chain Management for on-boarding new suppliers, partners, and agencies that align with the marketing and communications sourcing needs that support Functional Shared Services.
- Innovate event management solutions, services, assets, and technologies with top talent team for trade shows, fairs, events and meetings across the portfolio.
While completing business school, he was recruited as a consultant to launch a new marketing and business development campaign with strategic marketing partners. Within four months, achieved the annual revenue goal for existing accounts and exceeded goals in contracting new partnership accounts.
Rollins College – Winter Park, Florida
MBA, Crummer Graduate School of Business
University of Alabama – Tuscaloosa, Alabama
BS, College of Human Environmental Sciences
Six Sigma Trained
Certified Meeting Planner
Crummer Leadership Center
Ranked #1 by HR.com